Sunday, September 18, 2005

I finally got my boots!

So yesterday Mark surprised me. First we went to the Boot Barn in San Martin to get him some cowboy boots. He took me along to help him pick a good quality boot with a good fit. Never thought that couple of years I spent working at a western wear store would come in handy. That wasn't the surprise though.

I have has these riding boots for almost five years now. They both have holes in the sole and heel and the boot shaft is breaking down as well with holes. I happen to still love these boots. They are broken in and comfy. Mark noticed my boots yesterday morning and decided they needed replacing before the weather goes bad. His words were, "they're done." I objected due to the high price of good boots. Especially because I wanted to replace them with these boots that cost 200 bucks more. I have been lusting after them for a year now and was planning on saving up and buying some in the spring.

Mark wasn't going to have me riding in my boots any longer though. When we left the Boot Barn off to Helimot's we went. They didn't have my size in stock which is par for the course with any gear, so I don't have them yet. Mark ordered the red one's for me and I should have them in a week or two.

Day 6, Mark and I haven't killed anyone or had a smoke yet. Grocery shopping ended with Hostess Twinkies, Hostess Ding Dongs, Hostess Cup Cakes, and Oreo's in the cart. Lesson learned, never shop and wish you could have a smoke at the same time.

No comments: