Saturday, July 05, 2008

Recovery update




I have been able to sleep through the night for two nights now and I am apparently making up for lost sleep. I went from a 3 hour max to 10 and 11 hours in a stretch.

I now have the CPM machine maxed at 115 degrees comfortably. The down side is that with that kind of bending going on I am stuck laying almost flat and cannot do anything but watch TV for the 4 to 6 hours I spend in it a day. On my own power I can get the knee to bend to 100 degrees.

I am able to get my heel on the peg of my bike but cannot keep it there yet. It will be a few more days before I can ride. Mark is off at OSH now buying the supplies to mount my crutches to my bike. The honest truth is I cannot afford to drive the truck for very long with these fuel prices. It is over 100 bucks to fill the tank and it will take more than one tank a week to get to work.

I started physical therapy and now have more rehab homework than school homework! My sutures are going to be removed on Thursday, July 10. This is exciting because it means I will be fully submersible again. No more saran wrap and duct tape shower prep needed. It also means I can shave that small section of my leg that I have been keeping under plastic in the shower. Thankfully between ace bandage and brace nobody see's the fuzzy section.

I go back to work on Tuesday, July 8. I never thought I would be so happy to go to work! Don't believe anyone who tells you getting some rest is relaxing!

Yesterday was Mark & I's third wedding anniversary. Thanks to the four people who remembered. Somehow I thought getting married on the fourth of July would make things a bit more memorable.

That's about it for now.

No comments: