The physical therapists today were very surprised by me. I am three weeks out from surgery and can bend my knee to 120 degrees unassisted. They say that it is very unusual to have this much bend so soon.
They opened up my brace some more which is nice. I am now allowed 100 degrees of flexion which is up from 70 degrees. I am still allowed only 10 degrees of extension. I have some additional exercises to do that will strengthen a different muscle. Once I get that one a bit stronger they will allow me full extension at 0 degrees. At that point I may not even have to sleep in the brace anymore. My goal is to do as much of my PT exercises as possible to rapidly build the muscles so I can sleep without the brace by next week.
My leg is still atrophying and is all chicken leg looking. I am hoping to try and do extra PT to prevent some of that. The atrophy can slow me down in getting off the crutches. If I can get my butt to aqua aerobics the therapist said that would be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment