Sunday, January 08, 2006

You know you are old when...

You're surprise birthday party ends before 8:00pm on a Saturday night.

Thursday night I agree to babysit on Satursday, 1/7/06 so a friend can go shopping for a new dining set. Saturday morning I go to the gym and head over to their place. I spend a couple of quiet hours babysitting and then head home.

CLUELESS!!

I pull up at the house and remain clueless. I figure the neighbors are having a gathering because there are a lot of cars parked on the street. I notice Brad's truck, and Brians little sports car. I notice they are the same shade of blue. I figure they must of stopped by to talk bike's or home repair with Mark. I remain clueless.

I look like crap. I had just pulled my hair into a hair glove and didn't have a shower yet. Grungy t-shirt, jeans, and uggs.

I step up to my door and realize I have been snowed. My house is full of people. There are presents, food, cake, and beverages. There are balloons and streamers. There I am in my Saturday grunge, confronted by a bunch of people and cameras.

I was successfully set up and given a surprise birthday party. Mark even got me a pair of Oxtar waterproof riding boots! Warm and dry feet in the winter now! I don't have to keep an extra pair of dry socks in my desk anymore.

It was a good thing.

No comments: