Since my lazy butt last posted some good things have happened and some could have been bad things happened.
Bad but I am so friggin' lucky things.
I HATE having things on my back when I ride. I had just purchased some expensive orthopedic pillows for Mark and I and was trying to strap them down to the bike for the ride home. My gut told me that something wasn't quite right. I didn't listen because I HATE having stuff on my back.
I hit the on ramp accelerating. Got all the way up to 65 miles an hour when suddenly the rear tire of my bike just plain stopped moving. So there I am skidding along hoping who ever is behind doesn't hit me. It was a very calm thing actually. Rear wheel stopped, I pulled in the clutch and rode it out. Once stopped in the middle of the lane the car behind me was kind enough to stay there until I got the rear end cleared and the bike to the side of the road.
It turns out my pillows slipped off the rear of my bike, under the tail, got up under the hugger and wrapped in between the wheel and the swingarm. I was attacked by pillows; vicious, bike eating pillows. It had stretched the heck out of my chain and broke my rear hugger but I was able to get it together and limp home. Even the pillows survived!
Once again I have taken from the bowl of luck and added to the bowl of experience. I just hope I am doing it at the right rate. The goal is fill the bowl of experience before you empty the bowl of luck.
Then a couple of weeks later I was leaving the South San Francisco campus when some ding a ling drifted into my lane and gave me a love tap on my leg. I saw him coming and was able to dodge and accelerate away so I experienced nothing more than a love tap. The kid in the new convertible Honda ST2000 which still didn't have a license plate wasn't so lucky. To top it all off, it was his bosses car. He drifted into my lane, freaked out and counter steered to avoid hitting me. He went up the curb, hit a tree, and got spun around. The kids OK but the car is toast.
Work is all good. We are hiring 10 more newbies so soon I will be wrapped up in training them. It has been mentioned that I have a future in either training or management. I am still having trouble envisioning myself as somebody's boss.
Friday night I grappled at Kajukenbo. Yesterday and today I have laid in bed in pain because of it. Every muscle from the waist up is killing me. My goal this weekend is to move as little as possible and take lots of advil. So far so good.
I am using Skype now for internet calling. I like it better than Google Talk because it allows conference calls. You can get it to at http://www.skype.com. If you get Skype send me an email and I will send you my Skype ID.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks Julz. I nearly peed my pants. One does NOT crash one's zoomy sportbike because of PILLOWS! PILLOWS caused me to bin it? OMG. I cannot breathe.
So glad you are okay.
I'm sorry. i'm just picturing my sister with pillows strapped onto the back of the bike... I needed that
Post a Comment