Where do I start?
Before the wedding we got most of the downstairs painted and hung the quilt my Grandmother made for me on the wall. It looks beautiful. Soon we will frame some doilies my Great Grandmother made and hang them next to it. The wall colors came out amazing! That is thanks to our friend Justina.
July 4, 2005 Mark and I got married. It was the most perfect day ever. Our friend Brad married us. I carried a hand made hanky by my Great Grandmother and a beautiful boquet made by my Mother. Mark placed my Mother's wedding ring on my finger. I wore a veil made by my Mother. I had a reception that was catered by my Mother with the help of my Aunt Diane. My Mother also made a beautiful flower arrangement that was in the same vase that held her alter arrangement when she got married. She decorated my wedding cake with fresh flowers that were just stunningly beautiful. We had a generous professional photographer and videographer at no charge! The DVD and photos turned out incredible. We were surrounded by friends and family. I just don't know how it could have been any better. Well, I do know how it could have been better. I am still a bit upset that my Grandmother couldn't make it. She didn't even call. I waited over a week and no call. I had to call her! I am sure I will get over it, but for now I am going to be a tad bitter.
The weekend after the wedding we were at Laguna-Seca Raceway enjoying the first MotoGP race in North America in over 10 years. The bikes were amazing and the racing was awesome! Americans took 1st and 2nd place and the crowd favorite, Nicky Hayden, had his first career win since he stepped up to MotoGP.
Our friend Shawn from Canada came down for the wedding and races and stayed for two weeks. We always miss him when he goes. He is a lot of fun to have around.
It has been dang hot since a bit before the wedding. So, it took us three weeks to clean the house after the wedding. I have come to the conclusion that I will always have a messy house in the summer. At least until I get air conditioning. Come hell or high water I will have air conditioning by next summer if I have to rob a bank to pay for it.
Work has been a whirlwind since I returned. I spent two weeks doing classroom training with seven newhires. I can't believe they trusted me with the care and feeding of new people. Once I was done with the classroom portion I had to direct them and get them shadowing our analysts to learn how to take calls, and become the subject matter expert on a new application they launched August 1st called TIM. Once I learned it I had to train my whole team (over 50 people) on the application, how to use it and support it. The last couple of days have been crazy and Monday and Tuesday are gonna be worse. Then it will settle down for a few days until they launch it at our Oceanside facility.
My doc thinks they can fix my neck so I have begun that whole process. I hope he's right. It would be nice to be out of pain and never have another 'drop you to the floor writhing in pain' migraine again. I will keep you updated on that.
My left leg is still weaker than my right. I am putting 20 more pounds on my right leg when I stand in a neutral position. Before my knee injury I was always within three to five pounds each foot. I need to get off my dead butt and start doing some exercises to get that leg stronger.
Next weekend Mark and I will have house guests. A four year old boy and a nine year old girl. We are watching Kayla and John so their Mom and Dad can have a nice anniversary weekend out of town.
That's about it for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment