Sometimes I forget, not often, but somtimes.
I am the luckiest woman in the world. I don't know a single person who has a relationship as good as mine. Not one. When it comes to men, I hit the lotto, the big spin, and the grand prize.
I was talking to a friend tonight when she started telling me all the reasons she envy's my relationship. He treats me so well, he loves me so much, his actions and behaviors show it all.
So I started thinking about it. She is right. I am lucky.
Some people think love is roses, fancy dinners, diamonds, and constant declarations of love. They are wrong. Love is when I have a long day at work and come home to a clean kitchen, or a vaccuumed floor. Love is when he checks the air pressure in my tires. Love is hanging the curtains now instead of later because he knows I really want them up.
I used to look for it in the gifts they bought, the money they spent, or the car they drove. Now I don't look at all. No need. It stares me in the face every day when I wake up and when I get home.
It's been five years this month. Time flies when you are having fun. We really are going to spend the rest of our lives together. It is something I have never wondered about or had any doubt. It's pretty cool to know that. I guess the best word to describe it all would be peaceful.
Work may suck sometimes, but I always get to come home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment