Friday, November 05, 2004

So work still sucks but I have won two mini iPods. Looks like I may win a couple more at the rate I am going.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, so I couldn't reply to you on LiveJournal since Seric screened his ananymous comments.

But they have gotten much better at approving cancer drugs in the last year or so. For a while there was a lot of treatments that came out that had pretty good sucess rates that were never approved for anything more than small selected human trials that I'm aware of.

There was one in particular that was a retro-virus that was injected into a Tumor and it could reduce a golfball sized Tumor by 90% in like 3 days. It was a virus that was designed to consume cancer cells. I haven't heard anything about it since I first read about it a couple years ago. It only worked on like 80% of known cancers though. That sound too unreasonable for people to give it a shot if they want to? I would want to be able to try it if I had cancer.

I see that you are in the biotech industry. :)

If you want to talk about it more I'll try to find the original articles, it's been quite a while though.

jon at wetnun dot net (aka wetnun on livejournal)