Friday night I learned a couple of valuable lessons.
1) Just because you can do something, does not mean you should do it.
2) Just because a little is a good thing, it does not mean a lot is better.
I was at Charles celebration of being healthy and cancer free. It was nice to get out and see people. Anyway, so I am sitting there. It is so neat to sit normal with no brace. All of the sudden the muscle on the outside of my thigh informs me I have been over using it by having a big 'ol spasm. My leg jumped a good 8 inches off the chair, knee bent waaaay to fast. They had to peel me off the ceiling.
1) Just because you walk with one crutch does not mean you should do it every chance you get.
2) Just because you can walk a little, and a little is a good thing, does not mean doing it as much as possible is a good thing.
I woke up Saturday morning with a double dose of misery. Calf and thigh muscles stiff, sore, spasms, and suffering for Fridays over doing it. To add to the funI got one of my throwing up, intolerable pain, vey dizzy migraines. So I got to spend my weekend in miserable pain. Sunday I felt like someone had pounded me and spent most of the day asleep recovering from the migraine.
Physical therapy is going well. Every time I go in they add more work and it is harder. Today he even made me cry. It is a bit annoying sometimes. Everyone else in there are getting wonderful heat treatments, massages, and stuff. I am working my ass off and breaking a sweat. When do I get the massages?
Every day at lunch I do my exercises. Every day I come home and do them again. They are not easy. It is hard work. This is not going to be over with fast enough as far as I am concerned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment