Monday, January 13, 2003

Birthday went well. Enjoyed a nice quiet weekend at home in my jammies. I am thinking I must have done something to piss off the Aunt's though. I usually get cards from them. This year, nothing. I am the only cousin to remember all of their birthdays. And with delivered flowers no less! I am not one to keep score though and this will have no effect on their future bithdays. They are score keepers. They give with the expectation to recieve. It is stupid and just wrong. I will continue to send flowers if I can afford it and cards if I cannot. But I will also point out to them when they complain about how they did whatever for so and so and then so and so transgressed by not doing for them. Not that they will see the light of day. They will continue to talk nasty about each other behind each others backs and think only of themselves. All this while complaining that everyone else is self centered. I am glad I only have my brother. I don't know if family size is what causes this ridiculous dynamic or what. With just me and Mike, we know the deal. We may still fight like pit bulls but nobody else will be allowed to join. :o)

No comments: