Monday, December 16, 2002

So Mark is doing much better now. He is feelling good enough to over do it a bit though and is making himself sore. I am sure in another week or so he will be starting physical therapy. He still can't ride and it's going to be a while before he can. I don't think the truck has ever been driven so much. He is able to play his guitar more now and that is making him happy. He spends hours in the digital studio he built playing and recording. It is all very cool and I am quite proud of him.

The rain doesn't seem to end. Just when it starts to dry out it starts coming down again. I like rain when I have the day off to watch it through the window or play in it as I please. I hate it when I have to work though. Sit in a big building all day and have no knowledge of the outside world. I am much more of the forest ranger type than the office type. I still don't know how I ended up in an office. Growing up all I wanted to do was work with horses and tigers or be a forest ranger. Some how I ended up behind a computer working with people. I hate people. There is no logic to them and you simply cannot make sense of them. With animals you can follow the logic. There is always an explanation. I still wish I was working with horses and large cats. Oceanography and marine mammals were always fascinating too. Nope, no outdoors for me. Desk duty. Gads just shoot me now.

Mark and I being the not-quite-grown-up-adults we are once again could not wait until Christmas to give each other gifts. It's funny now though. When I was a kid it was all about the getting. Now I will get something so cool for him that I just can't wait until Christmas to give it to him. This has resulted in us having one or two mini-Christmas's before Christmas where we just give each other one gift. Kind of to tide us over. This Saturday I got Mark a beautiful new Stratocaster Deluxe guitar. He just loves it. It is a gorgeous candy apple red and the wood is beautiful. He gave me a digital camera. A really nice one to. It is a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-P7. I am learning how to use it and having a lot of fun. It is just the right size for my tank bag and he got me a nice case to keep it safe for traveling. If anyone wants to spend around 50 to 100 bucks on me I sure would like the 128 MB memory stick for it but I wouldn't complain about a 64 MB one ;op.

On the "gee I love my home appliances" front, my washing machine decided to just keep filling up on Saturday. Nothing I did would stop the water. I couldn't even turn the machine off. Pretty soon my feet were soaked and I am turning knobs, pressing buttons, and shutting the water valves off like crazy. I am sure it would have been funny to someone watching. I totally paniced in a Lucy Ricardo way. I managed to get it shut off before the whole garage was flooded. Nothing important got soaked. Only about half the garage was covered in sudsy water.

That's it for now. Don't forget. Mark's band, Moxie Rox, will be playing at Fibbar Magee's in Sunnyvale Friday night December 27th.

No comments: