Random things to catch everyone up.
Mark is in another band! They've been together less than a year, but more than six months. Check out their website at http://www.moxierox.com . Since getting together with Moxie Rox Mark has aquired a great deal more instruments and built a very cool digital studio in one of the rooms of the house. He went from having two electric guitars and one acoustic to three electric guitars, one bass guitar, one acoustic, a home built electronic drum kit, and keyboard. He's even been making some original tunes that sound really good! If you are in the San Jose area mark Saturday, November 2nd, on your calendars. Moxie Rox will be performing live and in public at The Fifth Quarter, 1373 Kooser, San Jose, at 9:30pm. This will be their first public performance. Up until now they have only been doing private parties. Hope to see everyone there!
Isn't funny how you can fly from India to San Jose in one day but a postcard you sent from India won't arrive in San Jose until 12 days after you do? Thanks for the postcard Charles! Whenever someone I know travels oversea's I always ask them to steal me something. The rules are that it cannot be purchased and must have country or city name on it. I have gotten some fascinating things this way. I have a whole collection of ill gotten booty from around the world. My most recent was a really neat bottle opener from the Taj hotel in India. The thief broke the must not purchase rule and also brought me home some beautiful silver jewelery from the market in Chennai, India. I couldn't be mad though. It is beautiful and it feels good to know I am thought of.
They moved the entire IT group, (all 6 of us), into another area this week. It bites. Instead of having a real cube with real walls I am now stuck in a bullpen. Oops, I am sorry. It is a "think tank" configuration. You know, te configuration that makes sure everybody is in your business. I spend my whole day with my phone headset over one ear and my finger in the other. No walls, means everybody gets to hear everyone else's conversations. Whether we want to or not. I am not happy. I have always hated bullpens. They make people act weird. Like your desk is a common area. Something a couple of little walls prevent.
Oh well, more later. Julz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment