Thursday, May 08, 2008

Social Networking

I have resisted joining many social networking sites. I was happy to just be a blogger. I did Orkut when it was new and looked to have a chance because I had friends at Google. Then I was talked into LinkedIn which I did not mind since that is good for professional contacts and networking. I know people who work there now too. I got a LiveJournal account so I could follow the friends who blog on LJ. Then someone else talked me into a MySpace and I declared no more social networking sites even as many of those I knew were defecting to Facebook. Then a friend went and got hired by Facebook and I have been sucked into that. Last but not least as of yesterday I have been sucked into another social networking vortex, Twitter.

Do you Twitter? If so let me know. I can follow your tweets. I even downloaded a Twitter plug in for the Firefox browser called Twitterfox just so I can tweet and follow efficiently.

Gads, some days I really feel like one of the bleating masses of sheeple.

No comments: