- Two weeks ago I cut 20 inches off my hair which left the length of my hair just a smidge beneath my shirt collar. One would think this would be hugely traumatic for as only two other times in my life have I gone short and it is always a horrible feeling for weeks. Lots of crying and unhappiness always follows. I was not prepared for the trauma my hair cut would cause others. I was also not aware that hair cutting decisions for myself required consulting so many others for permission. I for one word for everyone who is so upset that I cut my own damn hair... deal. Really, just freaking deal with it. I would also like to thank you for thinking of how I might be feeling about my hair. Next time any of you care to make some mundane decision about your appearance or life that has absolutely no effect on my life. You be sure to consult me for permission. If I have to consult you, you have to consult me.
- Many people think this short hair is easier to take care of. Well, you thought wrong. Long hair is washed every other day. Every day will dry it out and cause it to be unhealthy. Short hair is washed every freaking day regardless of how much or little activity. If you do not wash it you have a grease mop on your head that is itchy and gross.
- Bed head, this is something I have never had to cope with. A quick shot with the hair dryer fixes it but it is something I have never had to do before. I also do not like subjecting my hair to the heat damage caused by hair dryers.
- I am lucky that my hair stylist is super freaking talented. Due to her expertise I require no product and my hair just falls into place without any effort on my part. This is assuming I washed it in the morning instead of the evening and do not have bed head. I still have wash 'n' go hair.
- I still have not gotten very good with barrets, hair clips, or anything yet and my hair is too short for a pony tail. Head bands are my hair containment tool of choice.
- I have finally gotten the appropriate amount of shampoo and conditioner right so that I am not in the land of way too much suds.
- Rinse time has improved some but it is not as quick as people think. My hair may be significantly shorter but it is still very, very, thick.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Short Hair Musings
Things I have learned about short hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment