Saturday, March 31, 2007

I think I am getting old. I have started looking at bikes as I think I would like a new street ride in 2008. I will not be getting rid of the R6 as I feel it has at least another 60,000 or 70,000 miles in her and I see no sense in wasting that on some wanker buying my now 'older' R6 for his first sport bike to trash.

The reason I think I am getting old is that I am drawn to the sport touring machines these days. I keep comparing different models and every time I come back to the Yamaha FJR1300 as the leader for my 2008 addition to my stable.

What are your experiences? What do you think of the available sport touring bikes out there? Which would you buy and why? Why would you not buy the others?

I know, I am shopping awfully early for a 2008 purchase but I spent over a year deciding on the R6. When you put the miles I do on a bike and own them for as long as I do it is important to buy the one you really want. Knowing me I may not buy until 2009. Mark is liking the FJR as well so we may get old, buy matching sport touring machines, and look REALLY dorky.

No comments: