So one of the guys at work had a pair of roller blades he does not use. Turns out they fit me so he gave them to me. I am learning to roller blade around the office. I have been staying on the carpet because it keeps me from gaining to much speed and the cube walls make good stopping tools.
Tonight I decided to get brave. I figured I have been doing well on the carpet. I failed to realize that the carpet is flat and that I still had not learned how to actually stop unless I hit a solid object. Turning is OK but still shaky as well.
Brave? Maybe more like stupid. I tried out the parking lot. The parking lot has slops and no cube walls to stop me. Great speed is acquired totally by accident. I rolled down the lot, out the drive way, across the street, and finally fell in the bushes. Thank goodness there was no cars.
I did not think I would do that again so I tried the parking lot some more. I fell over one curb, smashed into a pole, and slammed into three cars. I also feel on my keister twice. I do believe I will be sticking to skating the halls of my office for a while longer. At least until I figure out how to stop.
The biggest surprise in all this? Everyone in the office is freaking out thinking I am going to trash my bad knee. Turns out my face, wrists, and butt are taking the brunt of this.
I am having fun though and getting good exercise.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment