Last weekend was my Grandmother's 90th birthday. Family members you only see for funerals were crawling out of the wood work for this one. Even my cousin Stacy showed up and she never shows up for any family thing.
I had only been riding the R6 with the new motor for a week and was ready for the 500 mile oil change. It was not far enough into the break in process to take on a long, droning, 220 miles of super slab ride to Moms. Lucky for me I have friends. I borrowed Brians VFR800 which has a nice set of Givi boxes mounted on it. I can't remember the last time I had so much room to pack stuff.
Last Friday I had to hang out at the house and dial in to a webinar for work. Luckily it ended by 1:30pm and I was on the road by 2:00pm to Moms house. It had been over a year since I had gone home so I was pretty excited. It turned out to be almost a total waste.
I had initially taken Friday and Monday off from work because I wanted to catch up with some friends. I ended up only getting to visit with Yvonne. I didn't even manage to get there while Jake was awake. The little baby has grown at least 2 feet since I saw him last. I was hoping to visit Raul and see Nicki in her 'almost ready to pop' stage of pregnancy.
Instead of leaving early Friday and returning Monday afternoon I left Friday afternoon and left Sunday morning shortly after waking up. I had about enough family and really wanted to sleep in my own bed so I rode home with Mark. Don't get me wrong, I love those nut cases, I just don't want to spend massive amounts of time with so many of them at once. I am still a little pissed about some issues regarding my wedding. The one I had for the family. Mark and I would have been thrilled to go to the court house on our lunch break and email everyone about it later. They really have no clue that they actually hurt me and I am not sure that it would matter much to them anyway.
I really can't wrap my brain around Grandma being 90 years old! Her daughters threw her a surprise party and invited the whole church and then some. She was very surprised! All the church ladies showed up and a ton of family. My cousin Stacy and her husband made an appearance. I know Grandma was happy to see her so I am glad she came. Stacy does not speak to me. I said exactly what I thinking a couple of years back and she is apparently still bent over it. Growing up I wanted to be her. I do miss her but it is what it is and I will never apologize for saying the truth. Oh well, she looked good. Her brother, my cousin Kevin, and his wife Carolina are the one's who had the real surprise. They are very pregnant with a baby girl. More power to them because I am not having no babies. I am not grown up enough and frankly, Mark and I are getting a bit old for that baby thing.
That's about it for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment