The motor was picked up by Mark today. I can hardly wait to get home from work and get a look at it.
A gentleman who used to race AFM had Dan Kyle's shop build him an R6 engine as a spare. It has only .5 hours dyno time on it and made 110hp. It has been sitting in a crate for the last four years. I had posted to the AFM list my need of an engine shortly after the break down. I never thought I would get a find like this though! This is so much better than the crap I was looking to get stuck with on eBay.
The head has been decked to the limit and some mild port work done. Everything that spins or rotated has been polished. Big end bearings are on the largest size. Rod/piston assembly weights matched by drilling piston under crown. Stock crank, stock pistons and stock bore. I believe it has a WSB spec head gasket but not sure. The other trick they did was to remove the inner layer of the stock gasket...it's one of these variations.
It has been stored in a foam lined plastic crate. Motor oil still in crank case. Checked intakes/exhaust after one year and sprayed with wd40. It has not been checked or removed from crate for 3 yrs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment