At the beginning of this year I decided that I was either going to get my eyes or my teeth fixed. I put a much bigger chunk of change on my Wage Works FSA card to pay for it. Basically, it is a secured credit card that can be used for health items only. You can have them withdraw up to $5000 a year pre-tax from your pay check. Last year it saved me almost $2000 in taxes. Since I put more on it this year I will get even more tax savings.
Lasik and Invisalign cost about the same but my dental insurance will cover $2000 of the Invisalign. I can use my card to pay the rest which will equal a bit under what my tax savings will be this year. I figure it is just about break even then to get my teeth straight.
I had my six month check up with my dentist today and while I was there we got the process started to get my teeth straight. I had full mouth x-rays and impressions done. So this is the year I get my teeth fixed. Next year I will do my eyes and be done with contacts and glasses.
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment