Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I finally got brave and went for it. I gave my hair a desperately needed butchering. It is still long by most people's standards but for me it is seriously short. It is maybe 18 inches from the top of my head to the ends. The last time it was this short was when I was growing it back out after basic training.

It has to be done. The gym uses a salt system in their pool and it dried the hell out of the ends. It got to where it was almost impossible to run a brush through it. The ends were so dry they were splitting and breaking like mad. So I cut it all off.

I bought some new specialized products for my hair to help prevent the drying going forward. They cost way to much but some times you gotta deal with it. One of the products is like a wet suit for your hair. It is a water resistant gel that you put on before you go swimming that protects your hair from salt, UV, and chlorine. It also contains conditioning agents. It really works. When I get out of the pool I can easily run a comb through my hair. The other is a light weight, spray on, leave in conditioner. It is nice because it does not leave a film like other conditioners of that type.

I should be able to grow all the hair back and go even longer as long as I keep up with the protective products and stuff. That's the goal anyway.

No comments: