You ever look around and wonder "This is it"?
This is what I couldn't wait to graduate highschool for?
I would KILL to have the freedom I had in highschool. No bills, no worries, and if you wanted to take the day off, you just didn't show up. I don't know how I thought that getting my own place and getting out of school would be better. That I could do what I wanted, when I wanted to.
Now if you don't want to get out of bed you have much more than Mom to contend with. No just not showing up for work. You must call, and you better sound sick. Then you hope that soemone can cover for you.
Depending on your situation, you have to have enough money to pay the mortgage. Heck, that's just the start. Then you have PG&E, phone, cable, high speed internet, water, trash, home owners insurance, cell phone, groceries, vehicle insurance, vehicle maintenance and fuel, the damn list doesn't end!
So not going to work for a day can suddenly turn into quite the big deal. When all you really wanted was a nice quiet day to have some fun.
So every day I wake up, go to work, go home, go to sleep. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I can't really complain. I have it pretty damn good. It still leads me to ask sometimes. Is this it? This is what I waited 18 years for? Well, longer really. I had a hard time leaving the nest and staying out.
Must be spring fever brought on by the nice weather. I sit in my cube here at work, look out the window and see the bright sunny day. Wash, rinse, repeat. Sure would be nice to get out of here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you work, during the WEEK, so you can go out and PLAY on the weekends. That's the plan.
Now get off yer kiester and go out and DO stuff on the weekends. Shopping does NOT count.
Post a Comment