Monday, February 21, 2005

If it wasn't for bad luck...

Let's start this post with saying that Mark is OK.

So yesterday morning Mark took off to his Mom's to install a toilet for her. She lives in Ben Lomand so it is a nice ride over the twisty turny highway 17 to get there. About 30 minutes or so after he leaves the phone rings, it is Mark, he has totaled the SuperHawk.

I can here sirens and lots of comotion going on around him. He is talking to me and a paramedic is talking to him. We decide the best option is for him to hitch a ride home with the tow truck and I will take him to the hospital for pain killers.

He was traveling South on 17 at just below the speed limit because it was wet out. On the north bound side a convertible Jaguar had rolled and it was a big mess. The stupid rubber neckers on south 17 were so busy staring at the carnage that they forgot to drive and caused a pile up on the south bound side. Mark was going through a right handed blind turn when he met the wall of cars. He almost saved it. Not to be though. In his efforts to brake quickly in the wet the front slid and washed out. He and the bike parted ways. Mark went to the wall and slid between wall and cars. The bike stuffed itself under the back end of a car. Pictures can be seen here.

Mark is battered and bruised but otherwise OK. Nice to know it takes 5 stinking hours in an emergency room for them to tell you what you already know. We just knew he was gonna need some pain killers for the next day or so. If there had been another way to get them we probably would have skipped the ER altogether. I could have done without nurse sour puss.

The next few days will be spent resting while his muscles recovering from crashing. That dork even went to work today. Sore as hell but he goes to work. Me, I am a wuss. I would have called in sick all week and slept.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!! WOW!! all this just so can buy a new helmet! eesh!

Raul

Anonymous said...

Whew!!! Mark, I hope you are feeling better and got some needed rest. Thank goodness for guardian angels ey Julia? Take care you two!

Anonymous said...

Whew!!! Mark, I hope you are feeling better and got some needed rest. Thank goodness for guardian angels ey Julia? Take care you two!