Sunday, January 16, 2005

Baby Boom

Is it just me or is it that time of year when it seems every single person around you is giving birth, about to give birth, or recently gave birth? There is a baby boom happening. Evrywhere I turn are babies. They are cute and cuddly and have that wonderful new baby smell I just can't get enough of.

The baby boom has led me back to my sewing machine. I am in a baby quilt making frenzy. So far, so good. All the mommies love the quilts. I am not as good as my Mom by a long shot but the quilts are durable and will last through all the washing and what not a child will put it through. In the last month I have made five quilts and I am not done yet. I have four more to make. When I am done with those I will make a couple of quilts out of all my left over squares. They will be ugly but good practice for me. I will donate them to a battered women's shelter. I figure they will not care that they are ugly. They will glad to have a nice warm quilt for their little one. Then I am going to make a few quilts so next baby boom I am prepared. No rushing about buying fabrics and sewing. I will have a small stockpile of quilts ready to go.

The weather is cold and crappy. I get the urge to do two things when that happens, sew and bake. Once the weather warms up I don't want to get near the kitchen and have no desire to sew.

That's about it. Nothing major going on.

Oh, my own Grandmother forgot my birthday. My boyfriends whole family remembered but not my Grandma. That sucks. There are only three people on the planet obligated to remember my birthday. My Mom, my boyfriend, and my Grandma. I thought about calling her to say hi and see if she mentions my birthday but decided not to. Her phone works just as good as mine and she has my number.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're definitely right about the baby boom. Four of my cousins have delivered or are expecting little ones as well as a couple of friends in February/March time frame. The count so far, 3 girls and 1 boy. :0)
Recently, we've been donating to Innvision Georgia Travis Center in downtown and the women and children there will definitely enjoy any of your beautiful quilts because they were made well! The other place we've been donating our baby items to is at Birthright of San Jose. Take it easy!
-meanoldw