This week has been exhasting. I am earning mondo over time though. Right now it is Saturday night and I am at work. I got here at 3:00pm and will not get off until 2:00am. I asked for that though and I am not complaining. The company Christmas shin dig is tonight so I offered to cover for a couple of people so they could have a night out with the wife and no kids. It is quiet enough that I am able to take care of things I haven't had time to because our call volumes have been so high. I have been given some additional responsibilites that are requiring more time than their are available hours. I am tired a lot but I don't mind. As a wise friend once told me it is a job and nobody is poking me with sticks.
I am not really looking forward to Christmas. It really is just another day. Mark and I make lists, I pretty much know what's under the wrapping paper. There is no surprises anymore. It kinda stinks. I AM looking forward to not going to work from December 22 to January third. Ia m gonna need the time to vegetate and do some stuff around the house
Surgery to take the long screw out of my leg, put a shorter one in, and shorten the bone plug will be taking place on December 22. If you call on the 22nd or 23rd plan on talking to Mark. I don't expect I will care to talk to anyone until the 24th.
The house is organized for the most part now. We had Thanksgiving at our house and it was great! Mark, me, my Mom, Mark's Dad and wife, Mark's brothe and wife, our friend Brian, and a coworker of mine with her husband all attended. It was a full house and a full table. I loved every minute of it and from the looks of things everyone had a very good time.
It was an international Thanksgiving at our table which made for interesting and fun conversation. We had the USA, Japan, the UK, and Germany represented. The joke was made that all we needed was an Italian and we could reinact World War 2.
Two of my coworkers are out on maternity leave. I made baby quilts for each of them. I was very worred that they would think they were ugly but they loved them. I may not be great at making them yet but I get better all the time. A friend back home is due any time now. I am not done with her baby quilt yet. I think she is gonna have that kid before I get the chance to finish her quilt.
Christmas is gonna be a bit lean this year. We bought a house, we are poor, everyone is getting a home made family update card from us this year. Next year we should be able to buy stuff for people again. I need to get started on that card. I should have done it a week ago.
That's about all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment