Sunday, September 05, 2004

So it is that time of year again. Burning Man is going on and I am doing my annual bird sitting. For a few years now I have watched Rainbow, a beautiful green wing macaw. She passed away since I watched her during the last burning man. It broke my heart and I can only imagine the pain it caused our friends Eric & Lissa who owned and loved her.

A few months after Rainbow had passed their vet talked them into fostering a bird and preparing him for adoption. This year I am bird sitting the Professor. He is a sweet African Grey parrot. He talks and talks and talks. Well, he talks when I ignore him.

The Professor is a great pleasure to have. He does have a few pain in the duff habits though. He has decided that I am the woman for him. If he is out of his cage he will only stay on his pearch for a short while before coming to find me. I have been going to sleep, in the bathroom, or just trying to watch some TV when the little bugger comes sneaking in. Once he is sitting on me, he is content. It is almost worse than the cat. Everything I do is interuppted by a whistling bird who only wishes to sit on me.

We have been trying to teach him an evil sounding 'here kitty, kitty, kitty' . I heard him say it for the first time just a few minutes ago. It sounds very funny and very evil. Right now he is in his cage in the other room talking up a storm because I am ignoring him. Every so often he ends his statements by barking like a dog.

September 2, I saw my ortho for a progress check. He is quite pleased and said there is no reason to see him again unless I get worried about something. It is all in the hands of my physical therapist now. I will be scanning my x-rays and posting them soon.

Friday night Mark and I went to dinner with our good friends Charles and Sara. Mmmmmmm, sushi. After we went to their place and spent a wonderful evening sitting in their jacuzzi and visiting.

We have spent the rest of the holiday weekend sweating and doing nothing. We have been in the high 90's here and that is just to damn hot. We never get anything done when it is hot like this.

A great corner lot house on the corner of our street is for sale. We went and looked at it. We recently discovered we could afford to buy a house. We do not want to move out of this neighborhood. I don't want to move off of this street. The house is perfect. Mark is gonna see about getting financed on Tuesday. Lucky him, he has the week off. Wish I could take a couple of days and spend them with him.


No comments: