Saturday, July 17, 2004

Five days left until surgery day.
 
Just because the earth has a sense of humor a heat wave is supposed to be here just in time for my surgery.  Nothing like being miserable and hot as hell.  So far this thing still sucks and I haven't found an upside.
 
I am getting more and more nervous as it gets closer.  My biggest fear is post surgical pain.  I am going to discuss this with the doc at my pre-op visit Monday morning.  I want to make sure I have a way to get a hold of him over the weekend in case I need something stronger for pain then this crappy vicodin.  Vicodin just doesn't work all that well anymore.  I think I have had it prescribed a few to many times in my life.
 
Mom is coming up on Wednesday.  I know there is a part of her that is going to enjoy taking care of her little girl.  It took a while but I grew up and finally reached a point where I needed my Mom, but I didn't need her help anymore. I am sure that is bitter sweet for Moms. Proud because they raised a kid to be self sufficient, but crappy because their little ones don't need them to take care of them anymore.  It wasn't until I moved 250 miles away that I realized I was a momma's girl.  I am looking forward to Mom coming. I miss her cooking.
 
Sometimes I hobble out to the living room to sit with Mark for a while.  I get a little lonely by myself.  Poor guy has got to be tired of taking care of me by now. I know I would be tired of it.  I can be cranky.

No comments: