Monday, June 14, 2004

This weekend was a total waste for me.

Friday night I went to kickboxing and had a good throw down workout. cam home tired but feeling good.

Saturday I woke up with a sore neck and a bit of a headache. This turned out to be a bad omen of what was to come. A migraine of colossal proportions. I haven't had one this bad in over 5 years. By 6pm I was in tears and throwing up.

Thank goodness I have one of the world's greatest chiropractors. I called the office and left a message at about 6:45pm. At 7pm my phone rang and it was him. At 7:30pm I was in his office getting some much needed relief from the pain, puking, dizzyness, and general misery. If he hadn't called I would have gone striaght to the ER and begged for Demerol or Morphine.

Went home, took a hot bath, and went to bed. Pain was still there but not as bad, dissipating, and now tolerable.

Slept in until 10am Sunday. Saturday had exhausted me. I spent all day Sunday in bed recovering. Feeling quite puny and weak. About 5pm I finally started to perk up a little and even ate dinner.

Today I was still a bit tired and sore. Felt good enough to go to work though. Wouldn't have been able to rest at the house anyway with the plumber here all day fixing what turned out to be more leaks than we thought. More on that later. Figured I might as well feel crappy at work and get paid for it.

Plumbing fun! Turns out the big leak that was causing the stink was form the kitchen sink. Also all the seals on the toilets and showers are leaking. Plumber got most of it taken care of today. Tomorrow he comes back to finish up.

I am looking forward to Wednesday myself. I am going to dinner to dish and gossip with one of my favorite people, Charles. The best way to describe our friendship would be to say he is my best girlfriend and one of my biggest cheer leaders. Everyone should have a friend like Charles.

1 comment:

cstatman said...

no they should'nt. Charles smells bad, like the leak under the house. and he is always eating all the sushi. he is a selfish, stinky, sushi thief. watch out for him.