Whoever said cortizone was great stuff was a liar! I suppose this could use a bit more explanation. On Friday, June 14, 2002, I crashed at Thunderhill Raceway http://www.thunderhill.com/ . I landed on my face and left shoulder. They tell me I was out cold for about half a minute or so. I couldn't tell you though. I remember most of the crash but I am missing a few minutes of time from that day. Since that crash my shoulder has never felt right. It aches all the time and sometimes hurts so bad I consider going to the emergency room to beg for demerol or morphine. In October 2002 I decided to see and orthopedic doctor for it. I figured if it wasn't better by then there must be something wrong. What I got mostly was lip service. The doc pretty much pat me on the head and sent me out the door with a pescription for Celebrex and an appointment for physical therapy. So, 12 weeks of physical therapy go by and I never really noticed a diference. I was in no mood to go back to a doc who explained nothing and gave me no options.
So here I am, a year later. Shoulder still hurts. Last week I went three days trying not to move it at all it was hurting so bad. A friend recommends a doc and I figure I got nothing to lose so I will give this new doc a try. He has explained a lot, he has given me options, he started today with the easiest option. The man shot me up full of cortizone and tells me I will be a bit sore for a few hours. What he should of said was hold on to your hat girl, you're gonna me miserable. What is it with docs always down playing shit? I was prepared for being a little achy tonight. I was not prepared for don't touch me, don't talk to me, I want my Mommy miserable.
Have you ever gotten a cortizone shot? It is just plain weird. They use a considerably large needle and I am talking not just long but dang the thing is thick! They give you a mix of cortizone and lidocane so it goes kinda numb and doesn't hurt right away. It goes in like a boulder and feels like it is gonna explode out of your skin! Later you find you have this nice 2 inch diameter purple bruise where they stuck that huge ol' needle in.
Anyways, doc says this may not help at all, this may fix the problem forever, or this may only work for a few weeks. I need to call him and gove weekly reports. Depending on what the results are, I might get an MRI. The most invasive thing that may or may not happen is they go in and carve off a piece of the bone. Gads I hope this does the trick. Although I would probably get a really cool scar out of it. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment