Sunday, October 26, 2003

What a long weekend. Lot's of fun though.

Friday night. My neighbor, Tina, was in charge of her kids school Fall Festival. It is this huge fund raising carnival they hold every year. So she asked me if I could take her kids so they could have some fun. Then the DJ cancelled and we roped Mark into DJ'ing for them. Then one of the volunteers flaked at the last minute and so Pete, Tina's husband, ended up covering that spot. So all was well. I arrive with a 7 year old cheerleader and a 2 year old skunk. I also picked up a couple of other kids, sans costume, while I was there. I got loads of compliments on Johns skunk costume and both the kids were angels. It was funny how many people told me how much John looked like me. I have brownish blondish hair and blue eyes. John has brown eyes and brown hair. I guess people want to see what they want. That kid doesn't look anything like me. We ran around all night playing games and eating serious amounts of junk food. The little buggers didn't go to bed until midnight and had a ball.

Marks first words to me when we got home were "You want one of those?!?". The older kids were driving him nuts. The girls had that miss thang attitude and the boys were being all macho and demanding. I won't be talking him into a baby anytime soon. Thanks a lot you brats.

Saturday I got to sleep in. Then I was supposed to have John and Kayla from 1:30 to 10:00pm. I got lucky. Didn't get John until 2:00 and Kayla stayed with her friend until 8:00. John was cute as ever and a total angel all day. That's a pretty rare thing to get cute and behaved that long out of a 2 year old. They are always cute. They do go through tornado phase quite a bit though. Trying to keep up with them and clean up after them is pointless. I just let them make a mess and clean when they are asleep or gone. John really redeemed children in the eyes of Mark Saturday.

Sunday has been spent all day on the bike. It is so blazing hot that you work for 30 minutes and then go sit for an hour. Mark I got all the body work off, replaced the pegs, peg mount, and clutch lever. As long as the bike is totally stripped I decided it would be a good time to wash it real good. Bike is cleaner than its been since the day I rode it out of the dealers parking lot.

No comments: