Sunday, October 19, 2003

Well, we know why the Triumph failed. It broke a valve spring. The real damage was done when the broken valve spring caused a chunk of the head to be broken. We haven't looked at the bottom end yet for damage but it is possible the top of the piston is messed up an will need replacement. So we are currently looking for a whole motor, just the top end, or a head, whatever we can get. Parts for British bikes are a bitch to find.

I ordered the parts for my bike yesterday. It always feels weird writing a $1500 check. That much money is just plain scary. I am always trying so hard not to spend money, to get out of debt, to be able to buy things I like. I pinch and save like crazy just to buy a new piece of riding gear. It just makes it weird to write such a big check. Either way, if they don't screw up, I should be able to have my baby back on the road by next weekend.

I officially started looking for a new job. Mine sucks. Well, my job doesn't suck, the place I work sucks big time. I have never worked in a place so damn uptight. If those people tried to fart their collective heads would explode. Oh my gosh, I have finally found the word to describe the drones at the office. The collective. Like the Borg on Star Trek. You know the place you work sucks when your immediate supervisor helps you beef up your resume and is constantly sending you links to job listings he thinks you should apply for. He also helps cover so you can do interviews and stuff. Gads he is super cool. I hope he finds himself a good job too. We are both looking and he is a great supervisor.

No comments: