So there I am, working away at my desk. Karen comes up with this serious face and says, "I don't know how to tell you this. Your bike is laying on its side." You have never seen a girl run so fast. I didn't know how strong I was. In one big swoop I had literally tossed my baby back up on two wheels. Visable damage says 2000 - 5000 USD in damage. I ma still shaking with fury. Thank goodness for witnesses who come forward. We got her, she will pay. I was good, no tears until I got 11 miles from the office. I had decided to limp my baby home bent parts and all. The last 20 miles to my house was uncontrollable sobbing like a little girl.
Bitch has been driving a compact car forever. She just bought a big ass SUV. And backed it over my bike. Pushing it OVER the kickstand onto its left side. Left side is fucked up. Fairings cracked all over the place. Shift linkage all bound up. Ding in swingarm. Left clip on bent to shift along with clutch, fairing stay, and mirror.
When the police called her, she fessed up. I had her on speaker. She was 40 feet from my cube where she hit my bike. She apologized a lot. She said she KNEW it was my bike. The fucking bitch drove away KNOWING I was 40 feet away and left my baby on its side!!!
Cried all the way home, finally stopped bawling, adreniline wore off, puked up my shoes. Today sucks. I ride that thing like a little old lady in the hills, detail it three times a year, clean it and polish it ALL the time, do ALL the maintenace by the book, record EVERY fuel stop. It is the first thing of real value I have ever owned. it's the ONLY thing. it was the first bike I bought that I did not have to assemble or repair before riding. It was the first one that EVERY SINGLE DIME in it was mine. And this bitch runs it over like yesterdays trash!
What the fuck is wrong with people!?!?!? Someone make me understand, please. I simply cannot put into words what that bike means to me. Burn my house down but save the bike. Break my legs but save the bike. Take everything from me, but leave me my bike. It is a part of my being. Without my bike a part of me is missing. I can try and explain it all day but nobody will ever understand the true gravity of it.
Pictures to be posted when I calm down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment