Told you an update was coming soon!!
I got the job! I started working at Perclose, A Division of Abbott Laboratories on May 20. So now Mark and I work for the same company, http://www.abbott.com , different divisions, at different sites. He works in the Santa Clara office and I work in Redwood City. Things are going well and I think I will be perm in four to six months.
An old friend got a hold of me yesterday, Brian Dezember. I swear we have known each other since I was 12 or 13 years old. I haven't talked to him in ten years. We spent a couple of hours on the phone filling each other in on our lives and who we knew what about. Turns out the guy I went to my senior prom with went in a direction nobody ever expected. A few years ago my prom date took over a room at a Pismo Beach hotel and held six people hostage! Can I pick them or what!
Four weeks after I get a job and over two months after I submitted my resume for a job opening they had, Google finally wants to interview me. Wish I was brave enough to go for it. Google is a damn awesome place to work. They are high tech though. Even though they are doing VERY well now and have been surviving the dot bomb in style it would still be a bit to unstable for me. I am tired of risk taking in the job department. I will be sticking with the nice, stable, 115 year old company in the biotech industry. I am still going to the interview with Google though :o). It would just be super cool and a huge ego/confidence booster if they offered me a position.
One of my favorite people is engaged. Charles asked his vegetarian girlfriend to marry him in the middle of a steakhouse. Gads I love the way he does things. He has a big heart, the best of intentions, and is a great friend. I am totally thrilled for Charles and his wife to be Sara. Even better, they are buying a nice house just a hop, skip, and a jump from mine so I expect we will be around each others BBQ's quite regularly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment