Good News! My back is much, much better. Still a tad stiff and a bit sore but I am not in constant pain and the major spasm's have stopped. Marks back is also doing a lot better. He has been riding to work again for two weeks.
This weekend was nice. Mark gave me half of my Valentines Day presents early. I real live (very expensive) Mighty Ducks jersey! It is very cool. I look forward to wearing it to the next Sharks, Ducks game at the Shark tank. Hopefully I won't get to much grief from the die hard Shark fans. Valentines Day I pretty much went to work to turn in my timecard, pack the last of my cube toys, and say goodbye. It really sucked. I wanted to cry. As much as I hate my job I love it much more. I am going to miss the people I worked with. They were one helluva a great group. Mark was great when I got home. He had the day off. While I was ay work saying goodbye he went out and bought me beautiful flowers. Which for Mark is a pretty huge thing. The guy doesn't do flowers... ever. For him to go to a real florist shop and pick a bouquet is damn special. I would have loved the flowers even if they were ugly. Since I didn't really know what to do with myself I plopped on the couch, turned on the tube, and took a two hour nap. Turned out I was gonna need it.
I had offered to babysit Valentines night for the neighbors so they could go out and be adults for a night. So for an evening Mark and I had our hands really full. Kayla is 6, Grant is 4, and John is 2. Lucky for me John worships Mark so he was Marks handful. The two older ones were a lot easier. John has definitely hit the terrible two's. He is not bad at all. He is just, well, 2. Mobile, into everything, active as heck, and cute the whole time. He kept Mark moving all night. By the time we got to go to bed we were beat and slept very well.
Saturday I don't believe we did anything. A whole lot of laying around.
Sunday Mark decided to rearrange the studio and trade desks with me. So now the office is much cleaner and the studio looks different and also cleaner. We also started what has turned into a multi-day house cleaning and organizing. Got out the spot scrubber and cleaned up all the cat yak spots and a few mystery spots. Then took a break and went to the neighbors for a nice dinner.
Tomorrow begins the first day of my unemployed life. I figure my first goal is to wake up before noon. Then I am going to clean, clean, clean. I might even go to the grocery store. I haven't been inside one for months so it should be fun.
That's about all. Basically a very boring domestic weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment